Simply Citrus is a sunny, beautifully photographed book that contains 60 recipes using a variety of fresh citrus fruits, including lemons, limes, oranges, mandarins, grapefruit, pomelos, kumquats, and citrus products such as yuzu juice, orange blossom water, and preserved lemons in a variety of appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, desserts, and drinks. Chapters are organized by fruit, which means it’s easy to find a delicious recipe to use the citrus fruits you have on hand.
Désormais disponible en français: Citrons, oranges et cie
Soixante recettes aux agrumes: du SOLEIL sur la table!
Lumineux et coloré, ce livre de recettes consacre un chapitre à chacun des agrumes. Trouvez la recette qui vous convient selon le fruit que vous avez sous la main! Les magnifiques photos mettent en valeur le citron, le pamplemousse, l’orange, la lime, le kumquat, le jus de yuzu et l’eau de fleurs d’oranger. Que ce soit en hors-d’oeuvre, au dessert, dans la soupe ou les boissons, les agrumes sont délicieux et inspirants! Ils ajoutent aux plats saveur et gaîté en toutes saisons! Citrons, oranges et cie est publié par Les Éditions de l’Homme et disponible dans toutes les librairies du Québec.
Reviews and Praises
“Among the many cookbooks that land on my desk, this one stole my heart immediately. The lovable trim size, the sunny color palette, the inspired dishes featured using every possible kind of citrus… I loved everything about it, and tagged just about every page.”
– Clotilde Dusoulier, Chocolate & Zucchini
“Marie’s beautiful cookbook is a fresh take on all things citrus. It features both savoury and sweet original recipes, the likes of which are approachable and simple, but not boring.”
– Aimée Wimbush-Bourque, Simple Bites
“The recipes are written paragraph-style but, given their brevity, are not difficult to follow – Marie’s an excellent recipe writer, her directions are clear and precise. (…) Even the fancy looking desserts like the Mandarin and Raspberry Ricotta Tart sound so completely do-able.”
– Mardi Michels, eat. live. travel. write.
“(Simply Citrus) is a great book – bright, colorful, beautifully-photographed (by the talented Catherine Côté), and full of fresh looking, delightful recipes.”
– Audrey Le Goff, Pardon Your French
Watch the Trailer!
The Recipes in Simply Citrus Include:
- Small-Batch Citrus Marmalade
- Savory Lemon and Olive Oil Cakes
- Lime, Ginger, and Coconut Ceviche
- Roasted Mandarin, Carrot, and Bell Pepper Gazpacho
- Orange and Ginger Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce
- Kale, Cilantro, and Chorizo Tabbouleh
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Lentil, and Orange Salad
- Chicken and Toasted Coconut Green Curry
- Sticky Ginger and Mandarin Pork Loin with Herb Noodle Salad
- Orange, Date, and Walnut Cake with Orange Butterscotch Sauce
- Bright and Early Orange Smoothie
- Scotch, Ginger, and Lemon Cocktail
- Coconut Lemon Bars
- Meyer Lemon Mousse with Honey-Basil Berries
- Key Lime, Passion Fruit, and Raspberry Trifle
- Pomelo-Maple Panna Cotta with Coconut Crumble
- Sesame Thumbprint Cookies with Yuzu Curd
- Blood Orange and Champagne Granita
Buy Simply Citrus from Your Favorite Bookseller:
About the Author of Simply Citrus, Marie Asselin
Marie Asselin is an award-winning food writer, translator, stylist, recipe developer, and culinary teacher. Her blog, Food Nouveau, was shortlisted at the 2016 Saveur Awards, then won the 2017 International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) award for Best Recipe-Based Blog as well as the 2018 IACP award for Best Individual Blog. She also won the 2017 IACP award for Best Food Styling in a Commercial Food Photograph. Simply Citrus is her first cookbook, which will be published by Gibbs Smith on March 6, 2018. Marie lives in Québec City, Canada, with her partner, their toddler son, and a delightfully playful cat named Soya.