- Fresh off the plane from Europe: E & I had a fabulous two weeks in Venice and Copenhagen. We relaxed in Venice and walked and walked and walked in Copenhagen (we should’ve rented bikes, I know!). I loved to witness the contrast between the two cities: Venice, with its warm, old-school beauty and Copenhagen with its modern, clean and elegant allure. We also experienced a sharp contrast in weather: it was summer in Venice with packed terraces, skirts and sandals and late-evening drinks in the setting sun, while Copenhagen felt more like fall with much cooler temperatures, cloudy skies and heavy winds which made us want to cuddle up and enjoy comforting foods. And boy, did we eat! Italy always transports us food-wise, but we were blown away by Copenhagen’s cuisine offering fresh, seasonal and creative dishes at all price ranges. Everything we ate in CPH was fabulous, from hot dogs from a truck to gastronomic tasting menus. I’m coming back with lots to share so be prepared to read about those two amazing European cities in the next few weeks!
- A new (and exciting!) project on the way: Just before I left for our vacation, I went through a lengthy selection process in the hopes of getting a regular writing job for a major American website. I applied a few months ago without much hope, but I got it! I can’t disclose details right away, but I can say that it is about travel. It is the biggest writing gig I’ve landed so far so I feel giddy and proud! I may even dare to call myself a writer soon *gasp!* #dreamcometrue
Worth Talking About
- Fat or Fiction: I love this site’s cheeky, visual way to share nutritional info about common (British) snacks and foods.
- Keep Berries Fresh Longer: I can’t wait to try this simple tip that allegedly helps keeping fragile berries fresh for days or even weeks. Will come handy this summer!
- Forget Pho in Hanoi: Vietnam is definitely at the top of my travel destinations list, and this article about four of the country’s most delicious noodle dishes not only educated me about Vietnamese cuisine but made me hungry too. Now I want to go and taste these yummy dishes ASAP.
- Social Media in Travel & Tourism Awards: Companies now have to get creative to catch the traveller’s attention. Loved this awards round up – great ideas abound in there. Would you sing for an upgrade?
Just Added to My “To-Make” List
Is your summer calendar filling up as quickly as mine? Between friends visiting, family gatherings, short out-of-town trips, concerts and festivals, summer is going to fly by, as it does every year. As I am entering everything in our shared calendars (our foolproof way to keep organized), I’m also starting to think of the food I will want to cook for each of these occasions. I scoured the edible web to find new party ideas; perhaps they’ll inspire you too?
- DIY Taco Party: I’ve been dreaming about tacos ever since I browsed through Bon Appetit’s fun feature. Their delicious looking fillings and toppings look just perfect for a warm, relaxed summer evening!
- A New England Seafood Cookout: Lobster, oysters, corn on the grill, chowder! I want it all!
- Summer Tapas Party: Don’t feel like grilling or cooking anything? Cold Spanish tapas will give you a break from the heat.
- Tuscany on the Grill: Because an Italian menu is always a crowd pleaser.
And for even more inspiration:
- Summer drinks, of course
- A Summer Party Menu Planner with a short quiz to help you identify your party style
- Crowd-Pleasing Summer Recipes, from nuts to desserts
- Delicious-looking and healthy Summer Party Recipes (that Golden Gazpacho looks amazing!)
Have a great and delicious weekend!