My first cookbook is here! I’m beyond excited that it’s finally out into the world. I present to you:
Sweet Spot: Modern, Better-for-You Dessert Recipes, with Clever Tips to Bake (Mostly) Dairy Free
What if you could make sweet treats that are leaner and more nutritious, but still taste sumptuously indulgent? In Sweet Spot, you’ll discover modern desserts your guests will swoon over, and only you will know that you actually made healthier choices for them. Enjoy 112 full color pages, more than 60 versatile recipes–all meticulously tested, mouthwatering photography, and clever tips for adopting a (mostly) dairy-free diet.
Available as an electronic book, in PDF or EPUB formats, or in print.
eCookbook (PDF or EPUB formats): US$9.99
Print version: US$24.99 (shipping to Canada and the U.S. included, every copy signed by the author)
BUY SWEET SPOT NOW:
What if you could make desserts that are leaner and more nutritious but that still taste sumptuously indulgent? Making better-for-you sweet treats that don’t feel like watered down versions of the real thing is not impossible. After being diagnosed as lactose intolerant, I embarked on a 15-year quest to create desserts that did not rely on the overuse of butter and cream to be crave-worthy. Over the years, I developed clever tricks that allowed me to significantly diminish the use of dairy products, carving a spot for healthy ingredients along the way.
In Sweet Spot, you will discover modern special-occasion desserts, small cakes, cookies and bars, candies, and many more treats that your guests will swoon over, but only you will know that you actually made healthier choices for them. Through quality ingredients and complex flavor combinations, you will create dishes that reach a balance between rich and satisfying—that sweet spot that means that you don’t need to overindulge to feel as though you treated yourself. The book features more than 60 recipes, ranging from basic to elegant, along with mouthwatering photography, clever tips, a thorough chapter about essential baking ingredients, and information about the benefits of a dairy-free diet, a must-read for all sweet lovers, lactose intolerant or not.
You don’t need to be lactose intolerant to bake from this book. You just need to care about what you eat and love sweets.
Here’s what you’ll get when you download your copy of Sweet Spot:
- 112 full color pages, packed with information and recipes
- 20 brand new dessert recipes—special occasions cakes, small cakes, cookies and bars, spoonable treats, and candies—all meticulously tested
- 30 variations that allow you to transform the main recipes into completely different, but equally delightful, desserts
- 23 versatile basic recipes that you can get creative with to concoct even more sweet endings
- Original mouthwatering photography
- Instructions to make all recipes with or without dairy products
- Detailed information about dairy-free baking ingredients and product recommendations
- A professionally designed electronic book, either in PDF or ePUB format, allowing you to easily browse through the recipes
- A helpful chapter about lactose intolerance and dairy allergies, including tips to learn how to make better-for-you choices when grocery shopping
Get Your Copy of Sweet Spot:
Here’s a preview of the recipes you will find in Sweet Spot:
- Special Occasions
- Angel Food Cake with Caramelized Peaches, Pistachio Crumbs, and Coconut Whipped Cream
- Layered Olive Oil Cake with Lemon Curd and Italian Meringue
- Maple Cheesecake with Glazed Pecans and Pecan-Graham Cracker Crust
- Small Cakes
- Candied Orange Madeleines with Grand Marnier Glaze and White Chocolate Sauce
- Carrot and Pineapple Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Upside-Down Apple Cakes with Maple Caramel Sauce
- Cookies & Bars
- Coffee-Infused Brownies with Dark Chocolate Glaze and Walnuts
- Fresh Strawberry Squares with Pistachio Crust
- Pecan and Dark Chocolate Ganache Sablés
- By the Spoonful
- Almond Panna Cotta with Salted Praline and Macerated Blueberries
- Dark Chocolate and Whiskey Pots de Crème with Almond Langues de Chat
- Passion Fruit-Mango Crème Brûlée
- Basic Recipes
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Easy Butterscotch Sauce
- Swiss Meringue Buttercream + 10 flavor variations
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- Nut Praline
… And more! In total, Sweet Spot contains more than 60 meticulously tested recipes.
Still love flipping through a paper cookbook? Order Sweet Spot in print!
Sweet Spot is printed in small batches through Blurb.com. Here are details about the print version of the book:
- Format: 8.5 in x 11 in [21.5 cm x 28 cm], 112 pages
- Soft cover: 80# UV-coated cover with a slight semi-gloss finish
- Paper: 80# (118 gsm) matte, velvet-finish paper
- Price: US$24.99 — includes expedited shipping to Canada and the U.S.
- Bonus: Signed by the author (request a specific dedication by entering it in the “Note” field during the checkout process)
- Can I buy this cookbook in print?
Yes, you can! Learn more about the print version, or jump right to the order page.
- What devices/software do I need to view the eBook?
iPad: Download the ePub version for the best viewing experience in iBooks. (Mac users can also view ePub files using the iBooks app on their computer.)
Computers and tablets: Download the PDF version to view in Adobe Acrobat or other readers.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
My store uses Paypal to process payments, and Paypal accepts all major credit cards. You don’t need to have a PayPal account to make a purchase.
- What happens after I buy the eBook?
Right after you check out, the confirmation page provides a direct download link to the eCookbook. You will also receive a copy of this download link by email. Save the file on your computer or on your iPad to access it anytime you need a delicious dessert idea!
- Is the eBook compatible with my Kindle or my Nook?
Unfortunately, the book is incompatible with Kindle and Nook readers. I am currently exploring Amazon’s KF8 file format, which might allow me to make my eBook compatible with Kindle devices. Please subscribe to my newsletter to be notified if and when the Kindle version of the eBook is available.
- Is the eBook compatible with my Android tablet?
If you have an ePub reader that allows you to view fixed-layout ePub files (version 3.0) on your Android tablet, then, yes, it is compatible. Google Play Books, Gitden Reader, and Publiwide Reader are all popular ePub readers for Android tablets.
- Can I share the eBook with my friends and family?
Although I hope you will share the delicious desserts you create from the book, I respectfully ask that you keep your copy of Sweet Spot for yourself. I poured my heart into the self-publication of this eBook, and revenues from the sales are what will allow me to keep on creating original content for my blog, FoodNouveau.com. As such, I would be eternally grateful if you encouraged your friends and family to purchase their own copies of the book.Important note:Sharing the book with others, or publishing content from it without permission, is also a copyright violation. Please contact me if you want permission to share a recipe from the book in your publication or on your blog.
- Can I print the book at home?
Yes, you can! Make sure to buy the PDF version of the book, which you can open on any PDF reader on a desktop computer. From the PDF reader, you can print the entire book or selected pages—provided of course that you have a printer.
- How can I reach you if I have questions or comments about the book or the recipes?
I’m happy to receive all feedback, good and bad. Send me an e-mail at: [email protected]. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- I made one of your recipes, and I love it! How can I share the news?
If you bake from this book (I sure hope you will!), please photograph your creations and share them on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #SweetSpotBaking. Feel free to share your own baking tips, too! I can’t wait to get the conversation going.
- Where can I find more dairy-free dessert recipes?
Check out the frequently updated Dairy-Free Desserts page of my blog for more sweet inspiration.