It’s been quiet on Food Nouveau for the last week because I was swamped in virtual spring cleaning. After a year running, I found my blog had become a bit cluttered and messy. I planned some changes and I have now implemented them all. I hope you’ll like it! If you have any comments or more suggestions, please don’t hesitate to share.
Here’s a summary of what’s new:
- General Uncluttering. I thought the blog both side columns of the blog were cluttered and filled with mismatched tags, ads and links. I tried to eliminate everything that wasn’t essential.
- Better Categorization. After pledging to keep a better focus on international cuisines and travel, I’ve reorganized the post categories. In the blog’s left column, you’ll find posts classified by culinary destinations or general topics. These categories group recipe as well as travel posts. For example, the Paris category groups the very popular How-To Macaron post as well as the Shopping in Montmartre post. If you want everything that’s been posted in a category at-a-glance, go to the Article Index page. If you’re looking for a specific recipe, use the improved search by entering your query in the box located in the top right column or the blog.
- New Page: My Favorite Blogs. I read so many great blogs every day, I figured it was time I gathered my favorites in one page. Have a look!
- Updated Where Am I Going Next? Page. I’ve entered my upcoming trips up until June. January and February have been quieter but I won’t stay put ‘till summer!
- New Food Nouveau Monthly Newsletter! Even though the RSS Feed provides a great way to keep up to date with new content posted on the blog, I feel a newsletter gives an opportunity to deliver a more personalized message. I will share what’s new, interesting news, noteworthy posts, tips and advice and more. Subscribe now, it takes less than 10 seconds!
Last but not least:
I’m very pleased to present Food Nouveau’s sister blog: FN | Just Recipes. Yes! I consider it a subsection of Food Nouveau but, really, it’s a whole new blog in itself. As you may have figured out, I love to cook and I love to try new recipes, the best of which are filed in my recipe binder to become family classics. I often felt like sharing some of these tasty finds but I lacked a platform to do so. FN | Just Recipes will be my online cookbook! Simple photography and fantastic dishes will further this blog apart as well as the measurements posted in imperial and metric, as well as the downloadable PDF file attached to each recipe. I did my very best to layout the PDF versions of the recipes in a beautiful and clear way hoping you’ll want to keep them in your own (virtual or real-life) binder.
If you want to learn more about FN | Just Recipes, visit the site’s About page. Also, subscribe to the site’s weekly newsletter and get the blog’s new recipes delivered in your mailbox every Monday morning.
Phew! That was a lot of work! I’m really proud of Food Nouveau’s new look and I’m very excited to hear what you think about FN | Just Recipes. To celebrate this spring cleaning, I will be giving away one different book every week in March. There are three weeks remaining in March, that’s three great giveaways!
To enter the giveaways:
- Comment on Food Nouveau’s posts. Each giveaway will last from 1PM EST on Wednesdays to 11:59PM EST the following Tuesday. To enter the following week’s giveaway, you will need to comment again on that week’s posts.
- Become a fan of Food Nouveau on Facebook and get an additional entry. All new fans “liking” Food Nouveau over a given week will be entered to win that week’s giveaway.
- Subscribe to Food Nouveau’s monthly newsletter and get an additional entry. When subscribing, please enter your name, email address and check the box confirming you want to enter the giveaway. All new newsletter subscribers over a given week will be entered to win that week’s giveaway.
- Subscribe to FN | Just Recipes’ weekly newsletter and get an additional entry. When subscribing, please enter your name, email address and check the box confirming you want to enter the giveaway. All new newsletter subscribers over a given week will be entered to win that week’s giveaway.
Three giveaways, four ways to enter each giveaway!
About David Thompson’s Thai Street Food: If you want to learn about Thailand’s culinary heritage, this is the one book you need. Breathtakingly photographed, bursting with information, generously sized (a good 11 x 14 inches!), it’s an impressive coffee table book, but one you’ll also be dying to cook from. Believe me, you want this book. I fell in love with it the minute I held it in my hands.
I will publish a longer post about this book and feature a couple of its recipes, but in the meantime, I leave you with a sneak peek.
Good luck in winning this amazing book!