- It’s festival season! Canada’s biggest outdoor music festival, Le Festival d’été de Québec, has just started in Quebec City, which means that dozens of concerts by up-and-coming as well as internationally renowned artists are scheduled over the next 11 days. It may be the best week of the year to be in the city: the streets are crowded with music lovers, the terraces filled from noon to midnight, and people compare notes as to which concerts they’re heading to and trying to figure out how they can meet up and enjoy the lively atmosphere together. We’ve already attended our first concert yesterday at the smaller of the three festival venues, Place d’Youville, with Nova Scotia hip hop band Radio Radio. These guys (who rap in Chiac, an English-influenced variety of Acadian French) sure know how to entertain a crowd and we had an amazing time. We look forward to a great festival again this year!
- New site coming soon: My new project is coming together and should be published next week. It has kept me very busy in the past few weeks, so I can’t wait to share it with everyone! You’ll soon know what it’s about, but here’s a hint: it has allowed me to discover lots of new and interesting places in Quebec City and Montreal! And I’m just getting started :)
- What’s on your reading list this summer? I always thought summer was the best season to go through some of the (many) books on my to-read list. As much as I love curling up in front of the fireplace in the winter, there’s nothing quite like a lazy afternoon in the sun with a captivating book and an glass of ice cold lemonade. What do you plan on reading this summer? Do you sometimes get frustrated that you don’t get enough time to read?
Worth Talking About
- Shaken and Stirred: I’m on the hunt for new cocktail recipes these days! I just stumbled on this collection published by The New York Times, and there are so many I want to try on that page that I foresee a fun weekend ahead! I’ll start with the Adriatic Dreams – which one appeals to you the most?
- I miss Paris and I really want to go back soon. Especially with the brunch trend in full swing! I’ve had great brunches in Paris before, my favorite spot being Just BE in Montmartre. Looks like the Canal St-Martin area in the 10th arrondissement is the new “it” neighbourhood to go for brunch though, and I’m bookmarking Lindsey’s recommendations for my next trip over to the city of lights.
Just Added to My “To-Make” List
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Lime, Mint and Sunflower Seeds, a perfect side to barbecued meat or fish
- Beet, Goat Cheese, and Bacon Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing, a lovely and light summer meal
- Raw Cocoa Bites, a great snack or nice addition to a picnic spread
- Vietnamese Ice Coffee Panna Cotta, clever idea and spectacular presentation
- Avocado Honey Ice Cream, absolutely dying to try this!
Have a sunny and delicious weekend!